Index > Choose Date > Number Of Children > Enter Personal Details > Confirm Details

Birth Re-registration Appointments

We need to establish that you are re-registering the birth in the correct district.

Re-registrations are for parents who were not married at the time of the child's birth. There are two types of re-registration:
  • If the parents are unmarried and would like the natural father’s details added to the birth record.
  • If the natural parents have married each other since the birth and require a re-registration so that a new birth record can be created to show the child as a child of the parents’ marriage.
You will be required to show your marriage certificate at the re-registration. If you hold a foreign marriage certificate or your marriage took place in a foreign country, a copy of the marriage certificate will be sent to the General Register Office for verification.

©Zipporah 2013